A couple of evenings ago, Thing 1 asked me how stuffed animals were made. I have no idea where that questions came from, but I explained how they were made. He then asked me how quilts were made, so I explained that. While I was talking about batting, it hit me we should make a stuffed something so that I could show him the basic process.
Our Christmas Tree Pillow was born.
Christmas Tree Pillow
Fabric (You can use anything, I had 2 yards of muslin)
Needle & Thread (we used a sewing machine)
1. Draw out your Christmas tree pattern.
3. Put an X on the insides of your tree, so you know which sides to decorate.
5. Turn the two pieces so that the decorated sides are facing each other.
6. Sew around the outside, leaving a small hole somewhere so that you can stuff your pillow.
7. Flip the pillow inside out, so that the decorated sides are now facing out.
8. Stuff your pillow.
9. Sew you the hole that you left for stuffing.
10. Enjoy your new pillow!
Thing 1 absolutely loves his new pillow. He was so excited to see his creation come to life. It was also a great learning experience for him to learn how things are made.
Just another day Crafting with the Cameron Clan!