Last Wednesday, the boys and I hosted a craft play date. With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, I decided to do a St. Patrick’s Day themed craft. After searching the internet for ideas, I decide to have the kids make stained glass shamrocks since it would allow all the kids to participate. We had 2 to 5 year olds doing the craft.
Stained Glass Shamrocks
1. Cut the contact paper to size.
2. Take the paper backing off the contact paper and lay it sticky side up.
3. Place pieces of tissue on the contact paper.
4. When you have finished putting all the tissue paper on the contact paper. Place another piece of contact paper on top of the other one so that there will be contact paper on both sides.
5. Cut the contact paper out into the shape of a shamrock and cut it out. I created a template out of construction paper that the kids could then trace using a crayon.
6. Now hang it in a sunny place.
What the other mom and I found interesting was that none of the kids made a green shamrock, they all elected to make rainbow shamrocks. Whatever makes them happy!