After visiting an art class last week the boys have decided that they would like to do more art at home. I will admit, that besides drawing, there hasn’t been a lot art going on around here since before our move. So I am making an effort to do something art or craft related ever week. This week we made a stuffed fish.
2 Large Pieces of White Construction Paper
1. Use watercolors to paint both sheets of constructions paper. You want to paint the entire sheet of paper. Then let dry.
2. Once the 2 painted pieces of paper are dry, turn the pieces of paper so that the blank sides are facing each other. Sketch the outline of a fish. Then with the blank sides facing each other cut the fish out. You have to look close to see my lines.
3. Now glue almost the entire way around the fish, leaving one area un-glued so that you can stuff newspaper inside.
4. Take small pieces of newspaper and gently stuff it inside the fish. Once you have it stuffed, you can then finish gluing the fish shut.
5. If you want you can punch a hole through the top fin of the fish and attach a string so that you can hang your fish up.
While we the boys were working on their fish, I read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Suess to the boys. They thought this was pretty cool and enjoyed listening to a story while they worked. Thing 1 even said it was better than the art class because they were able to listen to the story. You could also read Rainbow Fish, while working on this craft.
What have you done for art lately?