This week Thing 2’s letter of the week was the letter B and since he has been showing such an interest in helping me cook, I have decided to incorporate our letter B lessons with food. So this week we had several snacks that contain letter B foods. Monday morning we made blueberry muffins. This week I had two helpers in the kitchen.
1.5 C. flour
3/4 C. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 C. oil
1/3 C. milk
1 C. blueberries
1/2 C. sugar
1/3 C flour
1/4 C. butter
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl and sift together.
3. Then add oil, egg and milk. Mix together.
4. Add blueberries and mix together.
5. To make the crumb topping: Mix together all ingredients and mix with fork.
6. Fully fill greased muffin cups. Then top with the crumb topping.
7. Bake approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
What letter B food have you made with your kiddos?
Kids in the Kitchen is a weekly linky party where you share any recipes/activities you have made in the kitchen with your kiddos.
1. Please link directly to the specific blog post, not your main blog.
2. Please link back to Raising the Cameron Clan. I’m sure I am not the only one out there looking for kid approved recipes, so let others know.
3. Please consider following Raising the Cameron Clan, that way you are first to know when the new recipes are out there!