My August quest to eat every meal at home is still going strong. This morning I introduce the boys to Eggs in the Hole. I first saw the recipe on the Pioneer Woman’s website. The boys thought these were the greatest things ever.
Egg in the Hole
slice of bread
- Using a cookie cutter, out a shape in the middle of the bread.
- Heat the skillet on medium-low heat. Melt the butter.
- Once the butter is melted place both the bread with the cut out and the cut out into the skillet.
- Crack the egg straight into the cut out and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Once the bottom of the egg looks cooked, take a spatula and flip it over to cook the other side of the egg. I cooked mine a little longer for the boys. However, they really enjoyed the runny yoke in the middle of the eggs.
Like I said before the boys loved these. Even Thing 2, who has recently decided that he doesn’t like eggs. However, my favorite part was how quick and easy they were to make.