I feel super accomplished! Over the last 24 days I have made every meal at home. Granted there have been probably 3 night when Cheerios consisted of dinner, but for the most part I have cooked every meal of the day and most of those meals were things I have never made before. However, I feel most accomplished by the fact that most of the recipes have been a success. That never happens.
Sunday morning I made a special treat. French Toast Sticks. Oh, and did I mention I have never made French Toast ever in my life, so I was super excited when they turned out so well.
French Toast Sticks
adapted from Six Sisters’ Stuff
12 slices of bread
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 TSBP milk
1 TBSP sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 TBSP butter
1. Cut the bread in 4 strips and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, whipping cream, milk, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. In a large pan over medium heat melt the butter.
4. Once the butter is melted, dip each piece of bread in the egg mixture. Let the excess drip off before you place into the saucepan.
5. Once the bottom side is golden brown, then flip it over and cook the other side.
6. Place on a plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that Daddy Cameron can make these again without my help!!!