Lately I have been scouring Pinterest for slow cooker recipes. I need meals that I can prep ahead of time and will be ready when the boys are hungry. Right now can make meal times difficult.
I stumbled on this recipe on Pinterest. I am so glad I did because it has become a hit at our house. I have made it 4 times now and all 3 boys still eat it.
Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1.5 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Directions: 1. Slice French bread. Then tear each slice into approximately 6 pieces. 4. Mix melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla together. Put in refrigerator.
2. Beat 6 eggs in a large bowl. Then add 2 cups of milk and the cinnamon. Stir until well mixed.
3. Mix bread into large bowl with the egg mixture. Make sure all the bread pieces are well coated. Cover and put in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
5. Dump bread mixture into a buttered slow cooker. (I have been using the casserole crock pot.) Then sprinkle the butter/brown sugar mixture on top.
6. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
Since I am currently up some time between 3am and 6am, feeding Thing 4 I set outs to cook during that time. Then it is ready by 8am. Part of the way during our school morning.
I hope you enjoy as much as the boys and I have.