Category: Freezer Meals
|January 30, 2012||Posted by Mommy Cameron | Ramblings under Chicken, Freezer Meals, In the Kitchen, Main Dish||
I am always looking for simple recipes, that my family will like, and that freeze well. Last weekend we made chicken fajitas. This recipe is simple and can even be used as a freezer meal.
Easy Chicken Fajitas
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1.2 c olive oil
2 Tbsp fajita seasoning
Tortillas of your choice
red bell pepper (optional)
green bell pepper (optional)
sour cream (optional)
monterry jack cheese (optional)
1. Cut the chicken into fajita size strips.
2. Place the strips into a closeable bag or container. Then put olive oil and fajita seasoning into the container and shake. Marinate for at least 2 hours. This is also the step in which you can freeze the chicken.
3. When ready to eat your fajitas, dump the chicken into a pan and cook until they are not longer pink in the middle. You can also add onions, red peppers, green peppers, mushrooms or anything else to the pan.
4. Serve in warms tortillas and top with cheese, salsa, sour cream or guacamole.
|January 2, 2012||Posted by Mommy Cameron | Ramblings under Freezer Meals, In the Kitchen, Main Dish, Turkey||
This was an easy, yummy meal that all three boys ate and it can freeze too!
1 lb. Ground Turkey
1/4 Cup Onion (chopped)
1/4 Cup Green Bell Peppers (chopped)
1/4 Cup Yellow Bell Peppers (chopped)
1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
1/2 of a jalapeno (chopped)
1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
1 Tbsp. Fajita seasoning
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 Cup Monterrey Jack Cheese
12 flour tortillas
1. Brown turkey, onions, all the bell peppers, jalapeno, lime juice, fajita seasoning, garlic salt, and pepper. Also, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Drain and move to a bowl. Add cheese and mix it all together.
You can also roll these up are freeze them. When you are ready to bake the let them thaw overnight.