|February 27, 2014||Posted by Mommy Cameron | Ramblings under Beef, In the Kitchen, Main Dish|
Ok, so I have to admit that I was really trying to make a version of Southwest Eggrolls that I found a couple of years ago, however, my homemade black beans did not turn out. I think my crock pot is not working so well. So, I threw this recipe together last minute with the ingredients I already had.
Beef & Corn Egg Rolls
1 cup frozen corn
1 tomato diced
½ green bell pepper
¼ c purple onion
¼ c white sharp cheddar cheese
¼ C Monterrey Jack Cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
¼ – ½ cup ground beef, browned
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Season and brown ground beef.
2. Mix corn, beef, tomato, bell pepper, onion, cheddar cheese, Monterrey jack cheese, salt, cumin, and chili powder in a bowl.
3. Spoon into wonton wrappers and place onto cookie sheet and spray with olive oil. To get the wrappers to close, wet the edge with a paper towel.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Turning the eggrolls over halfway through.
Makes 8 eggrolls.
Just to be honest all the measurements are guesses because I completely made this up at the last minute. For ground beef I used half of a leftover hamburger that we had grilled the night before.
However, despite my on the fly cooking, this was a simple meal that all the boys ate. I served it with some homemade guacamole and sour cream for those who wanted it.
|February 6, 2012||Posted by Mommy Cameron | Ramblings under Beef, In the Kitchen, Main Dish, Turkey|
My husband and I came up with this recipe one weekend and it has quickly became a favorite.
1 lb. of ground turkey or beef
1 jalapeno (finely chopped)
1/2 C cheddar cheese
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp black pepper
1/2 Tbsp garlic salt
1/2 Tbsp onion powder
1. Combine all ingredients making sure that everything is distribute evenly.
|December 22, 2011||Posted by Mommy Cameron | Ramblings under Beef, In the Kitchen, Kids in the Kitchen, Main Dish||
This weeks recipe is another hit I made for the boys. It is also a recipe they could have helped me with, but they were too busy cleaning up the playroom.
1. Unwrap crescent rolls and lay on baking sheet.
2. Sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top of the crescent triangle.
What have you made for or with your kids this week? Share with us!